Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I Need A Doctor

Oh my, oh my, oh my! You would think that the magic of having tubes in my ears would mean that I don’t get ear infections. Well that’s not what my ears think. After telling my parents that my ears hurt we headed to see the Peds and learned that I have an ear infection. So off we went with a prescription for none other than Penicillin. Twelve days later on December 22, 2010, we found ourselves in Dr. Engle’s office with a roaring ear infection. So much of an infection that we thought my eardrum ruptured again. Of course, this couldn’t mean good things. Out came the suction device, into my ear it went, and boy did I let everyone in the entire facility know exactly what I thought about it. On top of this all it wasn’t successful as he wasn’t able to remove everything. But Dr. Engle doesn’t think it’s a ruptured ear drum because he believes the gunk was coming from my tubes. So we left with a prescription for a really strong antibiotic hoping it works. Additionally, I know get to take a decongestant every morning and night hoping to keep those tubes clear.

Ten days later brings us to today and back in Dr. Engle’s office. I found out my infection was cleared up, my tubes are intact (barely), as they are holding on by a string but that means no surgery. Here’s to hoping winter ends sooner rather than later, the decongestant continues to work, and my ears keep growing so that my tubes are able to clear themselves of fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment