Monday, October 31, 2011

I Put a Spell on You

My costume this year was picked out in a line up of sorts, but for the last few months my parents have been asking me what I wanted to be for Halloween. I constantly replied that I wanted to be a fireman. Throwing suggestions left and right, every which way possible, they tried to convince me to be a pirate like Jake, or even an Army guy (what's that?), but I was steadfast in my desire to be the hero, the good guy, the one with a great costume. Only problem was, there was not a "great" fireman costume to be found. That was until the side trip to Costco with daddy. There it sat, like some sad puppy in a line up waiting to be taken home. We quickly approached to only find out the size was 5/6 and without trying it on, we walked away disappointed; but not before shooting a picture of it and sending it off to never land to end up in mommy's hot little web browsing hands. A quick search on Costco.com brought more information and it was soon decided that it had to be purchased and pray it works.

It finally arrived and I tried it on and guess what, 5/6 really means 4/5. So its a little big but that just means extra playtime. Of course I had to have boots to match and a hose to save the day. What good is a fireman without a hose that shoots water?!? The costume was complete and of course I rocked the hero look like you wouldn't believe. The only problem was, my costume stayed hanging on the back of the front door ready to be thrown on at a moments notice, or upon the happening of a fire alarm. Thankfully neither happened, but I guess it's true, waiting is the hardest part.

Finally, the day is here, the one that I learned an extra special song. You know the one that goes trick-or-treat, smell my feet, I don't care, you pull down my underwear. Oh, you don't know that song? Well neither did my parents who held a crash course in what not to say when standing on a door step begging for candy. It was stressed to the max that underwear shall not come out of my mouth otherwise I just may get what I ask for.

I woke up and threw on my costume like I was heading to a fire. Dressed to the nine's I was out the door and on my way to school to show off my duds. We had a parade, sans parents thanks to a snowstorm, and a party afterwards. Mommy showed up early with my "Thad" labeled Halloween basket being told 100 times "I want to go trick-or-treating." We headed over to Emily's where I mastered "trick-or-treat", and because of this I kept my clothes on and got lots of candy. The parental units were so proud!

The first of the end-of-year holidays is in the books and we're eating up all the candy that was thrown in my basket. It's time to hang up the duds that I am sure will be pulled out for fun for months to come. Bring on November!

No comments:

Post a Comment