Monday, October 3, 2011

Please Don't Go

If you haven’t heard lately, my momma is the traveling kind. She flies all over the country to take depositions of sick men. Sounds like a good time, right? Recently I have come to realize that she leaves a lot and it is suddenly sinking in. I often ask if I can go to whatever amazing destination in her suit case. Lately she's been to Buffalo, NY, New Mexico, Ohio and even Texas.

Tonight was the first night that I expressed my desire for her not to go and that I would miss her immensely…maybe not in those exact words but something like this “I don’t want you to go cause I’m going to miss you.” Yes, leaving for vacation, as daddy calls it, is getting harder for her to do. But she usually returns with some type of goody for me, which is a nice constellation prize for the part-time motherless child.

No comments:

Post a Comment